Saturday, December 13, 2008

Toilet Paper??



We just got the new Wedding Star book and on page 327, I notice toilet paper. This is what it says:

This novelty toilet paper roll with comical bride and groom is sure to bring a smile. Here is an easy way to add a little fun. Your guests will be amused and amazed with your attention to every detail when they discover... even the toilet paper has a wedding theme? 350 sheets, 2 ply $9.98

Then I just had to laugh. Toilet paper??? Yeah I think no but that's just me and what do I know anyway.

This did however get me thinking about budgets. I think over 95% of brides and grooms don't put enough thought into the budget and budget process. Unless you have done it before 9 times out of 10 you are unsure how to set a budget because you are unsure what things cost. I encourage everyone seek help, look online, buy a good planner. Make a list. Everyone has that one or two things that is very important to them. For one it might be the cake so they allot more of percentage and go with the cake of their dreams. Some its the dress. Or the flowers. Repeat make a list. Make a list of everything that you want then number them on what is most important. If your decorations are the most important upgrade your flowers and your linens and then serve chicken instead of filet mignon. Try trimming unneeded items like pretty toilet paper that may be cute but you could spend that money else where and get more bang for your buck. Pick an awesome photographer but maybe don't order the books right away. I could go on and on so if you need help or ideas come in or call.

No comments: