1. Change Your Wedding Dress After the ceremony, change out of your ball gown and slip into something dance floor-friendly, like a knee-length dress.
2. Offer a New Perspective Pick a ceremony spot with a gorgeous view, like an oceanfront restaurant or a grassy valley surrounded by mountains.
3. Set the Scene History buffs? Even if you're not, think of how cool it'd be to host your ceremony and/or reception in a museum! Extra reception decor need not apply.
4. Plan Out the First Dance For your first dance, fake out your guests by starting off with a slow song; then switch to a fast beat with a rehearsed routine.
5. Box Up Your Wedding Invitations For a formal wedding, make a big impression on your guests by sending your wedding invitations in pretty, silk-covered boxes. If it's a barn wedding, add raffia or hay to the invitation package; small shells for a beach wedding; and tiny Swarovski crystals for a ballroom wedding to cue guests in on what's to come.
6. Bring in a Show Hire professional flamenco dancers, break dancers, or ballroom dancers to put on an amazing after-dinner show.
7. Prop a Photo Booth Bring in or make your own a photo booth and encourage guests to get silly by setting out fun props that fit with your wedding theme (think top hats, canes, and fake pearls for a formal wedding). Ask everyone to add their pics into the guest book for a fun keepsake.
8. Set Up a Wine Tasting During the cocktail hour, give your guests a lesson in wine by hiring a sommelier to dish out wine-pairing tips and tricks.
9. Rent Special Lighting Try using ambient lighting to transform your reception space and set a romantic mood. Hint: Pink and amber tones make everyone look great!
10. End the Night with a Bang Surprise all your guests with a send-off to end the reception: A fireworks finale! Don't have the budget? Look into renting a confetti canon for the last song of the night.
Got these tips off The Knot... but Jacque and I both have lots of ideas to help you make your event a "WOW" event for you and your guests. Call us today to set up a complimentary appointment.